What do you think? :: Wallpaper selections & 3D Renderings


I'm in the process of selecting a wallpaper for a client's first floor lavatory. As we all know, small bathrooms are a great place to experiment with bold pattern and I'm excited that the client is on board with adding a little wow factor into the space. I've narrowed down the selections to a general "tree" theme in blacks, whites and grays. This is part of a rural farmhouse addition, so we're a little bit country, a little bit rock and roll, as Donnie and Marie would say. The papers I'm looking at are from Designer's Guild (top left), Osborne & Little (top right, bottom left) and Graham & Brown (bottom right).

The bathroom features bead board wainscot to about 42", a white, marble top vanity similar to the one above, sconces from Hudson Valley Lighting, carrera marble shower walls and floor, and a dark charcoal color ceramic floor from Urbanite.

Here are my 3-D renderings of the bathroom plan, with the different wallpaper choices:



I think #1 and #2 are my favorites. The O&L papers have too much metallic shine to them. I love the Designer's Guild paper - it looks totally hand sketched. And I love the Graham & Brown for the color contrast. To my eye, however, the Designer's Guild paper really makes the room feel taller because there is less contrast and the trees are so vertical.


Do you have a preference?

If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks! Subscribe to ::Surroundings::