How to Turn A Client's Vague Ideas Into Real Designs



We've all experienced the client who can't express their design desires very well, whether it's because they don't know the "lingo" or simply don't want to focus on the process. The dream client, for me at least, is one who has been collecting images of what they like AND has taken the time to study the images to discern why they like what they see. If they've made notes in the margins, I am in heaven! I met with a woman once who proudly showed me her bulging notebook of ideas, but when I started pointing out trends that I was seeing, she was surprised and actually rejected my interpretations. For instance, after seeing several pages of painted cabinets, I commented that she seemed to prefer them to stained woods, and she looked at me like I had two heads. When flipping through her book, more often then not, she didn’t know what she’d seen in the image that she liked. I found that very fascinating.

Read more here... 

If you would like my help on your design project, I would love to chat with you! Please email me. Thanks! Subscribe to ::Surroundings::